Momservation: A New Year’s resolution is good in theory the way pizza dipped in Ranch is good for the thighs (and, unfortunately, I will still do both).
☺ ☺ ☺
Well, it’s another year and another failed nomination for Mother of the Year. But I do believe I was successful in my prayer of doing more good than harm in raising my children and I haven’t been called to be a guest on Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, or Nancy Grace so I must be doing something right.
And like a good wine, I seem to be getting better with age. Out of my Top 5 Momservations Blogs for 2014 four out five were written in the last quarter of this year. But even more importantly, I haven’t fatally embarrassed my children with my parenting musings and they generally still think I’m pretty great (an amazing feat with teenagers!).
As 2014 leaves the building and 2015 dawns with renewed optimism and possibilities, I invite you to pause in reflection with me on what resonated with Momservations readers:
1. A high school friend still acquainted through Facebook tragically loses her high school aged son to suicide: Facebook: A Surprising Life Ring in a Mother’s Ocean of Grief
2. Taking time to chuckle over how Halloween has become a chance to dress up as the slutty version of yourself for a day: A Halloween Illustration of the Two Types of People in this World
3. A disturbing new trend puts pressure on high schoolers to one-up each other on creatively asking a date to Homecoming while upping the ante on feeling left out: The Danger of the Creative Homecoming Ask
4. The need for more late night parent supervision over their teenagers who are on their phones and on social media well past bedtime: I Know Who Your Kid is Sleeping With
5. A guide to the surprising things your teenagers would rather have for Christmas than another gift card: 4 Things Your Teens Want for Christmas
Thank you for coming along on this parenting journey with me. If you’ve enjoyed it too, please feel free to share Momservations with a friend! Sometimes a laugh, sometimes a cry, but always an opportunity throw your hands up and enjoy the ride.
Now let’s go see what 2015 has in store for us, shall we…