The holiday party has been thrown and cleaned up after. The Christmas shopping is done and the presents wrapped. The cookies have been baked, the Christmas cards sent, and Santa has heard the wish lists. My work here is done.
Now it’s time to pack the bags and begin our holiday visits. There will be cousins to play with, the illuminated glory of Candy Cane Lane to stroll, and relatives’ homes brimming with holiday cheer and revelry. Time to sit back and enjoy the season.
The tree with all its presents will be waiting, a happy dog will greet us (thank you blessed house sitter), and the cookies, milk and carrots will be set out by sleepy children arriving back home just in time to snuggle in bed before Santa arrives. I love the magic of Christmas.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
? ? ?
Here’s a little Christmas fun. The person who posts the most correct answers will win a gift card and T-shirt. In case of a tie, there will be a drawing. Winner announced next blog on Monday, December 29.
1. Name all 8 reindeer.
2. What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all time?
3. What carol contains the line “O tidings of comfort and joy”?
4. In the song “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” what did Grandma go to get?
5. Name as many names for the Big Red Guy as you can.
6. What three characters sing “The Chipmunk Song”?
7. What holiday film annually appears on television more than 300 times?
8. How many times is the name of Santa Claus used in “The Night Before Christmas”?
9. After green and red, what are the two most popular Christmas colors?
10. What does Alvin want for Christmas?
11. Who was the Santa replacement in “The Santa Clause” movie?
12. In the song from “The Grinch” what would the singer, given the choice, take rather than the Grinch?