I know all of you couldn’t start your New Year without getting the answers to my Christmas Quiz, so here I am to avail you of your anxiety. The big winner was ksue with 100%+ for her impressive list of alternative names for Santa. I’m sure she will be ringing in the New Year wearing her new A Tale of Two Mommies t-shirt and indulging in some Cold Stone Creamery ice cream. For being the first gamer, brighteyedmimi will also get a TTM t-shirt. Thanks to everyone for reading and Happy New Year!
1. Name all 8 reindeer.
Comet, Cupid, Dasher, Prancer, Dancer, Donder, Vixen, Blitzen
2. What is the biggest selling Christmas single of all time?
3. What carol contains the line “O tidings of comfort and joy”?
"God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen"
4. In the song “Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer” what did Grandma go to get?
5. Name as many names for the Big Red Guy as you can.
St. Nick, Santa Claus, Kris Kringle, Father Christmas (see ksue’s impressive list for more)
6. What three characters sing “The Chipmunk Song”?
Alvin, Simon & Theodore
7. What holiday film annually appears on television more than 300 times?
It’s a Wonderful Life
8. How many times is the name of Santa Claus used in “The Night Before Christmas”?
9. After green and red, what are the two most popular Christmas colors?
Silver and gold
10. What does Alvin want for Christmas?
A hula hoop
11. Who was the Santa replacement in “The Santa Clause” movie?
12. In the song from “The Grinch” what would the singer, given the choice, take rather than the Grinch?
A seasick crocodile