Momservation: Your credibility for preaching good nutrition goes out the door when you’re caught raiding the Oreos.
☺ ☺ ☺
There’re many things I wished were different about myself:
- That I didn’t love Oreos®, Thin Mints® and Ritz® crackers so much
- That I didn’t crave a good steak, hamburger, or BLT so that I could look cows and pigs at the state fair in the eye
- That I believe Ranch® dressing tastes good on EVERYTHING
- That if I had to I could live the rest of my life on Lucky Charms alone
- That I firmly believe raw brownie batter is a gift from Heaven
- My inner thighs
These weaknesses in my character make it a daily challenge to set a good example of healthy eating for my children. The thighs are my cross to bear for not loving steamed vegetables, skinless chicken breasts and whole grain rice (I’m sorry, life is too short not to go for the combination pizza dipped in Ranch®).
What I do do to counteract my vices is regular exercise. I run so I can raid the fridge. I bike so I can binge. I swim so I can snack.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not all junk in the house. We love our fruit smoothies, turkey burgers, fresh fruit, peas and corn on the side. For the sake of my family I’m making sure that food pyramid is getting built with the daily servings of fruits, vegetables, grains, proteins, and dairy.
But sometimes a good pyramid needs to be reinforced with homemade chocolate chip cookies and spoonfuls of raw dough.
Anyway, I was recently hired by MomsLikeMe and Dannon® to promote healthy and active living. Obviously overlooking my nutritional flaws, they believed I was the right woman for the job of encouraging California families to engage in outdoor activities, healthy foods and family fun.
Last week I was on our local morning program, Sacramento & Company, to promote MomsLikeMe and Dannon’s Live Your Active Culture Pledge & Sweepstakes. You can watch it here:
I encourage everyone to take the Dannon Live Your Active Culture Pledge to help yourself and California state parks. Dannon® will help you with your commitment by offering:
- Promotions and coupons on Dannon® products for the whole family
- Recipes for making favorite meals delicious
- Tips for making activities fun
- Special invitations to events and programs in your area
You’ll also be helping CA state parks that so desperately need our help right now. If we can get 500,000 pledges, Dannon will donate $50,000 to the California State Parks Foundation!
But you can also win prizes! Every day! I’ve been entering every day! Here’s how:
To enter the Dannon Live Your Active Culture Sweepstakes go to:
- Take pledge
- Log In to enter for daily prizes $10 gift cards for music, gas and shopping
- Grand Prize 3 day 2 night camping trip for 4 toYosemite
I signed on to this project because I believe in the message of living a healthy and active lifestyle, setting a good example for my family, helping CA state parks, and Gandhi’s message to “Be the change you wish to see in the world.”
But mainly, I’d like to see a change in my thighs and if this will get me there – I’m in.